Saturday, October 02, 2004

Hell yeah Kerry!

Ok, in truth *I* didn’t think there weren’t any knock out punches during the debate; I wish there had been (delivered by Kerry) though. The Polls seem to show that Kerry “Won” the debate (which is fine by me) but its pretty early to me to say that. Really Kerry only held his own and Bush just stuck to the same mantras (can’t he think of anything else?) but that didn’t hurt him. What probably hurt the most was Bush’s childish facial expressions, sometimes looking like a kid that had been sent to sit in the corner. Should facial expressions really count? No, like the Gore “sigh”, the Dean “scream”, Bush Senior “looking at his watch”. These things, to me, mean very little… I would rate little Bush’s facial expressions as being as obvious as the Dean “scream” but still, why does that count?


Anyway, Another thing that disappointed me was an article I just read “Connie Rice: Top 10 Secrets They Don't Want You to Know About the Debates”. Many of the points she made never occured to me. While I am not sure I like allowing lesser candidates to participate in debates (its good in that they could make the real candidates answer some harder questions [Nader] but they could also waste time [Perot] that could be used listening to real candidates). Oh well.