Friday, December 03, 2004

Part 3: Personal Organization Applications

I am not necessarily talking about PIMs (personal information managers) but that is defiantly a part of effective organization, something like “mind mapping” software. I haven’t really used them much, mostly because until recently I haven’t been able to find any that I could afford but I have lately come across a few forms of (free) mind mapping/organization softwares that I want to try out like Freemind, Thinkgraph, VYM, outliners

The more things I cram into my life the more important organizing my life becomes. Agendus is now a basic part of that but also organizing things such as projects more effectively (that can be anything from work to building the idea personal server, etc) saves time which allows me to do more things.

While I am thinking about it, a tablet would be ideal for mind mapping software, or it seems like it would be. Or better yet one of the tablet/notebooks (kind of like the Toshiba Portege M200 tablet PC [but that is not ideal mind you]) more on that later.

Interesting, while I was thinking about this (and flipping back and forth between different webpages [god I love tabbed browsing in Opera]) I saw a Slashdot/economist posting relating to organization/complexity that seems to relate closely if not directly with what I have been talking about.