Monday, November 29, 2004

Podcasting, the good, the interesting, and the give it up…

I have been trying out Podcasting, I love it. Actually I think this post is perhaps a bit after the fact since I have mentioned it in earlier posts but not expounded on it. Anywho, I have been trying out different episodes/broadcasts and have discovered that there are those shows that are good, usually done by people with an entertainment (reporters, writers, etc) background; those that may or may not have a reporting type background, don’t sound really professional but have *really* interesting stuff (Engadget); and those that sound like a bunch of pimply teenagers rambling between tokes. That is *not* to say any of the above should give it up (keep on tok’n fellas) the right to put your voice out there for ego inflation (Hell, that’s why I have a blog), or genuinely wanting to inform the public is fundamental. So far I have found about 6 shows I really like. Engadget, The Daily Source Code (by Adam Curry, the god father of podcasting and online broadcasting/blogging/etc), brainwagon, Future Tense, Jimmy Jett, Treo Podcast, Slashdot Review, IT Conversations, and Tokyo Calling. I am sure I will come across more but with time…