Sunday, July 29, 2007

Little Buddha


Little Buddha
Originally uploaded by gaikokujinkyofusho

It was around 5am now and I saw one of my favorite field staff, Zargham (I routinely mutilate the pronunciation of his name). He is the regional manager of the Hazarajat region (I guess the field equivalent of my HQ job), in his 50s, is native Hazara (very laid back) but can be quite the spry one if he wants. He speaks very little English and I speak very little Farsi but he took me to a few places to snap off some photos including on a temple looking building that was overlooking one of the lakes. I thought it would be nice to get a pano with Zargham in it so this is what I got

I once made the observation that he looked like Buddha and the American with us (who speaks Farsi) came up with Buddha Koochek, Little Buddha.