Friday, February 08, 2008

Really Deep (take my word for it)


Really Deep (take my word for it)
Originally uploaded by gaikokujinkyofusho

Well they had paddle boats out at Band-I Amir, how they got them out there (Our 4x4 had troubles in some places trying to get there and it was only carrying people) I have no idea but non the less they had em and almost every Afghan wanted to go in one. I was not particularly hip on paddling around in one of these things since I am not a fan of getting wet (and I got very, wet [and irritated]), there was *no* safety gear, I am not the best swimmer, and it just wasn’t all the novel to me but nonetheless I was coaxed into one of dinky little boats. While out paddling around wherever my co-paddler desired I noticed that the lake seemed to be pretty damn deep! I thought I would capture my observation on (digital) film, but alas you can’t really tell much by looking at the picture but I checked on Wikipedia (they spell it Band-e Amir, seems that proper spellings of places here using western characters is not formalized yet) that some of the Band-i lakes are indeed pretty deep (average depth of 80 meters).